va-Q-vip is an evacuated micro porous thermal insulating panel with excellent insulating properties. The core material of va-Q-vip is fumed Silica board and non-combustible. It is sealed into a high gas barrier film under vacuum.
Due to the special “edge fold technique va-Q-seam”, va-Q-vip has smooth faces and sharp rectangular edges so that individual va-Q-vips can be tightly fitted together, making an almost seamless assembly possible. In general va-Q-vip is produced in rectangular shapes. It is also available on request in other shapes such as triangle, trapezium, corner cut and oval cut.
va-Q-vip is specially developed for insulation applications where not much space is available but a high thermal resistance is necessary. va-Q-vip is a successful insulation element in the following areas:
- Building application (roofs, floors, etc)
- Thermal packaging (Medical transport boxes, etc)
- Appliances (Water boiler, etc)
- Automotive (train, ships, aerospace, etc)
- Drastically reduced heat fluxes
- Drastically reduced insulation thickness
- Increased usable volume
- All purpose VIP with a long service life